USB 3.0 over fiber extender — 100m
USB-based devices are notoriously hard to extend. The USB specification limits maximum cable lengths to 3 meters (about 9 feet 10 inches), which leaves many applications searching for an extension solution.
SuperSpeed (USB 3.0) cameras in particular often are left short in collaborative spaces, especially considering huddle rooms, meeting rooms, classrooms and lecture spaces are increasingly integrating cameras for recording and remote conferencing.
TechLogix tackled the issue with the TL-FO-USB3-01, which transmits SuperSpeed USB signals up to 100 meters (330 feet) using duplex fiber optic cabling.
The TL-FO-USB3-01 features a built-in two port hub and supplies 900mA power to connected devices.
- Extends USB up to 100m (330 feet) over OM3 multimode fiber optic cabling
- Extends USB up to 50m (165 feet) over OM2 multimode fiber optic cabling
- Compatible with USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) devices
- Not compatible with USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) and USB 1.1 (Full Speed and Low Speed) devices
- Supports USB speeds up to 5 Gbps
- Includes both a transmitter (host) and receiver (client)
- Receiver features built-in two port hub
- Receiver provides 900mA power/charging to connected devices
- System powered on the receive end – no power required at the transmitter
- Requires duplex fiber (two strands)
- Duplex LC fiber connectors on both the transmitter and receiver
- Plug-and-play, no drivers required
- FCC Class B certified
- Durable metal housing
- Locking power supply
- Compatible with all major computer operating systems